Video by Tesla Trip via YouTube
Enabled FSD Beta on highway. This unifies the vision and planning stack on and off-highway and replaces the legacy highway stack, which is over four years old.
Added voice drive-notes
Expanded Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) to handle vehicles that cross ego’s path.
Improved autopilot reaction time to red light runners and stop sign runners by 500ms
* Added a long-range highway lanes network to enable earlier response to blocked lanes and high curvature.
Tesla drops CCS adapter to $175, making it easier for universal fast charging
Tesla is forced to ‘recall’ all Full Self-Driving Beta with update, NHTSA says may cause crash
Here are NHTSA’s four main issues with FSD Beta:
1. traveling or turning through certain intersections during a stale yellow traffic light;
2. the perceived duration of the vehicle’s static position at certain intersections with a stop sign, particularly when the intersection is clear of any other road users;
3. adjusting vehicle speed while traveling through certain variable speed zones, based on detected speed limit signage and/or the vehicle’s speed offset setting that is adjusted by the driver; and
4. negotiating a lane change out of certain turn-only lanes to continue traveling straight.