Video by Plug and Play EV via YouTube
This video reviews the VIOFO A229 DUO 2K Dashcam, from the perspective of both a vehicle owner and in terms of EV/travel content creation.
VIOFO provided the complimentary review unit with a few accessories and no stipulations as to content requirements. These are our immediate reflections on the pros and cons after one month of use, with future videos intended on some of the functionality we haven’t been able to test yet.
VIOFO A229 Duo Front + Rear 2K Dashcam Links (not affiliate):
***Current price direct from VIOFO (Dec. ’22) is $220.99 (36% off)***
Recommended SD cards for file storage:
High-quality UHS-I U1/U3 or above rating microSD card, space as 64G or 128G, brand as Samsung, VIOFO, or Transcend high endurance series.
Notable Product Features:
– 2K QHD cameras front and rear
– Built-in GPS logger + 5GHz Wi-Fi connectivity via app
– Slim 2.8mm coaxial cable for easy, neat install + minimal EM interference
– 2.4 Inch HD Screen
– Night Vision powered by Sony STARVIS IMX335 5MP sensor
– Advanced Buffer Parking Modes
More here: https://viofo.com/blog/why-do-you-need-a-2k2k-front-and-rear-dashcam-a229-duo-b94.html
Questions/comments/suggestions welcome via plugandplayEV@gmail.com or over on Instagram/Twitter @plugandplayEV.
Fuel the channel by shouting us a cup of joe on Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/plugandplayev
* Big thanks to Jeff, Tom, Luis, Dan, Bob, Dave, and Brian for keeping the coffee flowing this past year! *